Welcome to the 2021 Utah Youth Football Conference season!
Yes, we are ready to play some football! Since some of our procedures might be a little different than what has happened last year, we thought a brief explanation of the Weigh-In process would help answer questions that you may have.
Please note that you will be held responsible for this information so please read it carefully.
- Weigh-In’s will happen for LYF on one night only, Tuesday August 10 at 6pm.
- The Weigh-In area will be fenced off and only one coach (doesn’t have to be the head coach) from each team will be allowed behind the fenced-off area.
- Once your ENTIRE team is present, your designated coach can lead them to the fenced area and they will be permitted to enter together.
- Each coach will present to the Conference Representative a picture roster of every player on the team. Roster will include: photo of player, grade, jersey number, DOB and indicate if the player is a Z-Down player. You can download a sample Weigh-In Roster Template here. If a coach does not have a picture roster, their team will be turned away. NO exceptions.
- The conference has 7 digital scales, each designated for a particular grade. Every player in each grade level is weighed on the exact same scale. For example, no 5th graders will weigh in on the 7th-grade scale, etc.
- Once the team is weighed, they will leave the fenced area and are free to go.
- Each player must be wearing at least: a shirt and athletic shorts. Underwear only is not acceptable.
- Each player will haveone chance to weigh in. Leaving and returning to the fenced-in area is not allowed.
- If a player weighs at or above the X man weight for that grade, that player is an X man for the entire 2020 season. For example, if a 6th grader (6th Grade X man weight = 120 lbs.) weighs in at 120.0 lbs. that player is an X man. 121.0 lbs. is also an X man. If a player weighs in at 119.9 lbs. then they are not an X man.
- Players that weigh under 5 lbs. of the X weight will be required to attend a mid-season weigh in. For example, a 6th grader (6th Grade X man weight = 120lbs.) weighs in at 119.5 lbs., that player is NOT an X man at the start of the season, but will be required to attend a mid-season Weigh In event. That player must then be below the X weight for that grade to not be designated as an X man.
- If a player is not present at the initial Weigh-In event, they will automatically be designated an X man. They are NOT eligible to attend the mid-season Weigh-In event in order to remove themselves from the X man list. If a player is designated as a mid-season weigh-in player, and they fail to report to the mid-season Weigh-In event, they will be considered an X man thereafter.
- The X-man list is available for District Representatives’ review at any time during the season.
- During the season, if asked by an opposing coach, coaches must provide a copy of the picture roster used for Weigh-Ins.
- All X men must have a visible X on the back of their helmet in a contrasting color. The UYFC will present the player with an X-Man sticker at Weigh-Ins. If the UYFC does not provide an X sticker, the player must use tape or some other method for the X in a contrasting color to their helmet.
1st & 2nd Grade – 75 lbs.
3rd Grade – 85 lbs.
4th Grade – 95 lbs.
5th Grade – 105 lbs.
6th Grade – 120 lbs.
7th Grade – 135 lbs.
8th Grade – 165 lbs.
9th Grade – No X Weight
Schedule: Tuesday, Aug 10th at 6pm
Location: Dick’s Sporting Goods
Address: 841 Pacific Drive, American Fork UT 84003